Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. Come on, let's make 2012 a good one, despite all the doom and gloom spilling like black treacle out of the media.

Here are my 10 New Year resolutions for 2012: I, Kate Furnivall, resolve to:-

1. Endeavour (yet again) to eat less chocolate, to take myself off to the gym with greater alacrity and to clip my cat's claws more often before she turns my stair-carpet into shagpile.

2. Regard my computer as my friend, rather than my taskmaster.

3. Get scenes down on paper immediately, instead of concocting them in great detail in my head and then finding that they have drifted away while I trotted off in search of that essential cup of coffee or just made a quick phonecall.

4. Make lists. And lists of lists, if necessary. That way my desk might stay tidy.

5. View each difficulty that trundles across my path as a challenge that will stretch me, make me stronger and give me a chance to open new doors.

6. Meet my publisher's deadline.

7. Meet my publisher's deadline.

8. Meet my publisher's blasted deadline.

9. Lunch less. Quaffing merlot with author-pals does not count as research.

10. Writing is huge fun. Remember to enjoy it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ps. Nothing I do will persuade this blog font to match previous entries, sorry about that. I have wrestled it to the ground and still lost. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that preparations are in place for my new all-singing website and this one is sulking!



4 comments:

Barbara Ann said...

Reading your books is both an opportunity to enjoy historical fiction and learn another language. Until now all I knew in Russian was daste vedanya. Spasibo I have learned more.
When I first went to Europe and wanted to visit Russia friends said it was too dreary go elsewhere. Well now you have given me a mini trip there most assuredly to be followed up with land tour.

Kate Furnivall said...

Hi Barbara Ann,
Russia is a magnificent country - well worth a visit, so ignore your friends. Thanks for getting in touch - it is very satisfying to know that I have turned readers into Russia-enthusiasts with my books. Malaya next with The White Pearl!

sousa said...

i was reading this try these out additional resources pop over to this site pop over to this web-site Recommended Reading

letea said...

cliquez ici maintenant https://www .dolabuy.co Obtenez plus d'informations www. dolabuy.co meilleur site www. dolabuy.co